Monday 6 March 2017

How to say no to Smoking ?


I was in college when my best friend came to me and said smoke this you will feel good.


For the next 7 years instead of feeling good i had instances where  in I went through severe chest pain, headache, nausea, irritation, anxiety, and what not.


The most severe affect was my loneliness as if i had to smoke i had to go out of my house way out where no one could identify me. Spent hours in making sure i can enjoy every bit of smoke.

But suddenly i started thinking how i can stand again with my friends where they can talk to me freely instead of choking when i breathe.

I wanted to quit as i was left alone even my family dint want to  be near me because of my addiction.

Hence i took it on my self and followed the below mentioned steps  periodically to be a non smoker :

Week I - I minimized my count from 10 a day to 6 a day . Counting it to a total of 42 a week.

Week II - I minimized my count from 6 a day to 4 a day along with  substitute 3 Tobacco Gums a packet a day.

Week III - I maintained the count to 4 a day and minimised tobacco gums to 1 packet per day.
Week IV - Along with my minimized count on smoking I started doing exercise starting from 5 am till 6 am. This allowed me to pump more and more blood in my lungs which apparently started carrying ashes from my lungs i believe.

Week V -  Reduced Cigarettes to three times a day, after reaching office, after lunch and after dinner. Kept on with excercise and tobacco gum.

Week VI to Week XII - Followed the same routine.

Week XIII to Week XVI - Reduced Cigarette to 1 , Tobacco Gum to 1 pc a day, kept on with running and cardio exercises, and now ordered for Electronic Cigarette.
Week XVII to Week XX - Completely transferred myself on Electronic Cigarette which slowly reduced my inclination on tobacco as these machines are pathetic to use and tastes bitter like chemicals.

XXI to XXIV - My smoking reduced to none or occasional 1 a week.

After 9 months i am completely out of Addiction and started chewing cardamon and flavored chewing gum.


No comments:

Post a Comment